(Above) Sandi Smidt-World’s Best Mother (in my opinion) featured in the middle
As most of you know, Sunday is Mother’s day. It’s hard sometimes, even for someone who thinks they are good with words to be able to articulate strong feelings, especially those of love. Nothing I could think of seemed to truly express my love or thankfulness for my mother enough. That is why sometimes you have to search out other peoples’ words and pray that the intended person doesn’t disapprove of the lack of orginality. In that spirit and in a pitiful attempt to show the one woman who I care for most in the world- who has always been there for me, I have compiled a few quotes to help express how important she is and how much she means to me.
But this isn’t just about my mother, this is about all the women out there who are both blessed and cursed, at times, with the title of “mother.” This if for those who stay up late reading their kids bedtime stories, who pretend not to notice when you hide your peas or carrots in your napkin, who drive the van to all the away soccer games and sit in the freezing cold even though you barely play, who showed you how to tie your shoes, who put up with you when you’re sick and helpless, who made sure you wrote every single graduation thank-you note, who taught you pretty much everything you know about life, who put your happinesss and well being before hers every single day, and who no matter how ridiculous the dreams you’re chasing seem she always finds a way to support them-even if that means constantly leaving the country and not being able to talk as much as you’d both like.
10 Quotes for Mother on Mother’s Day:
1. “A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials heavy and sudden fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends desert us; when trouble thickens around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavor by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts.” ―Washington Irving
2. “Kids don’t stay with you if you do it right. It’s the one job where, the better you are, the more surely you won’t be needed in the long run.” —Barbara Kingsolver
3. “Mothers and their children are in a category all their own. There’s no bond so strong in the entire world. No love so instantaneous and forgiving.” —Gail Tsukiyama
4. “My mother is my root, my foundation. She planted the seed that I base my life on, and that is the belief that the ability to achieve starts in your mind.” —Michael Jordan
5. No one in the world can take the place of your mother. Right or wrong, from her viewpoint you are always right. She may scold you for little things, but never for the big ones. – Harry Truman
6. A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest. – Irish Proverb
7. “A mother is a person who seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie.” – Tenneva Jordan
8. “A mother’s love is peace. It need not be acquired. It need not be deserved. –Victor Hugo
9. “You are a doctor, a teacher a nurse, a maid, a cook, a referee, a heroine, a provider, a defender, a protector, a true Superwomen. Wear your cape proudly.” -Mandy Hale
10. “All that I am or ever hope to be, I owe to my Angel mother. Abe Lincoln
Happy Mother’s Day to all!